Sunday, December 4, 2011

How do I change the name of my WIFI and its original password?

I want to change the name of my WIFI which is one of those 2WIRE ones and also the password since hte password they gave me is something I can't remember.|||You need to log into your router and change the SSID. If your router was set up by a company they may have changed the password from it's default state. By default when you try to log into your router the username is admin and the password is either admin or password.





In order to log into you router you need to go to you command prompt and type ipconfig, then type your default gateway into the address bar of an internet browser and hit enter. It will then prompt you for the password.





If you would like, you could e-mail me the name of your provider, and I may know the password. I worked for an ISP/Telecommunications provider over the summer and they used 2Wire routers.

No comments:

Post a Comment