Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I re-activate a game on steam without knowing the original username/password?

I'm trying to transfer a copy of a Steam game from one PC to another. I have the original disc and product key, but since the product was previously activated on another PC it brings up a duplicate key error when I try to activate it online on this PC.





I can't use the original username/password from when it was first installed as I don't know them, and I can't use the forgotten password reminder as I don't have access to the email account that it is linked to (It was several years ago, and it was an old hotmail account).





How to I go about re-registering/activating the game to a new user account on a new PC?|||You can't. Also there is no way that I know to re-activate a game anyway. The only way you can play with that copy of the game is if you can enter that old account.





You can try contacting Steam Support.

No comments:

Post a Comment