Monday, December 12, 2011

Why do I have to change the Netgear WPA password every time I start up my computer?

I had to change the because I couldn't remember the original password, now I have to re-enter the password into the network profile, even saving the profile doesn't solve this; could somebody help me?|||Have you told your computer to save the new one








hope this helps|||I am assuming what you are saying is that you are having to reenter it on your laptop/pc every time you turn it on so that it reconnects. there are a few reasons for this but the simplest to say is that for some reason your machine network connections isnt saving it. The simplest way to fix the problem is to reinstall the network, as you now how to change the WPA password also change the SSID, when you reconect to the new SSID name your computer should ask you (if its vista or above) to enter the Passphrase and then to confirm the type of network. once you do it should store it again permanently.





This is something i have come accross before and the SSID usually fixes it, the alternative is to go into system settings and delete your wireless card and reboot, the system will reinstall it but wipe out any network settings it used to have so to start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment