Sunday, December 4, 2011

I lost my WEP password to my 2wire Gateway router I got from AT&T. Is that something on the router or original?

I just can't stand trying to get through to AT %26amp; T but I have a new pc and I need to connect to my wireless network. My 2wire Gateway router has some numbers on it but I do not know if I should use those or if I assigned the WEP an original password. Please help with any insights!|||You could see if the router supports WPA, a second generation, and more secure encryption - (the router may not support this though). You can just make up a password and save it in the router admin area, alternative to using the WEP key usually found on the back of the router.|||Well, try the WEP passcode that is on the back of the router. If that does not allow your new computer to access the network then you probably did change the password.





If you have another computer that is already setup for the wireless network you can use it to access your routers settings and change the WEP password. To do this, get on your wirelessly connected computer, or connect to the router via ethernet. And enter http://192.168.1.1 into your web browser address bar. If that doesn't work try http://192.168.0.1





One of these should get you into your router admin tools. You may have a password here too.





If all else fails your router has a reset button on it somewhere. If you must you can depress this button for 5 seconds and your router will be reset to factory settings. Then you will have to configure any computers that knew the "lost" password to recognize the original password, or set a new one.





Hope that helps.|||Mostly what we do is we connect directly with the cable or usb to the pc and log in using Try 172.16.1.1 or 172.16.0.1 or 3.7.x and newer 192.168.1.254 IP Address or lastly 192.168.0.1





by default username is admin and password is password or admin please check behind the router and you will get the details of login ip and username and password.





for setup guide follow below link.





http://www.2wire.com/pages/pdfs/5100-000鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment