Thursday, December 8, 2011

How do I retrieve my original Window's Password?

I wish to change my Window's Password but I cannot remember my original one.|||Go to your system properties%26gt;user profiles. Click on the link User Accounts. Choose the user and reset password.|||Thanks for the compliment. I am glad I could help. :)

Report Abuse


|||just when i though about writing a speel about SAM files someone does it for me.. excellent! vote that answer above me the best. they deserve it.|||Goto control panel%26gt;user acoount%26gt;select user and then use prevent forgotten password wizard.|||By "original Window's Password", I assume you're talking about an Administrator password. This cannot be retreived unless you have another Administrator account. If you have another admin account, you can disable the password or change the password without even having to know the other accounts original password (confirmed in both WinXP and Win2K). If you don't have another admin account, you cannot get your password back.





Also, you won't be able to find out what the password is. You can only modify it. I don't know of any working cracks to the password. You can try hacking c:\windows\system32\config\SAM by using LoginRecovery. It's the only one of its kind. It claims to crack the password in 15 minutes. However, you'll need another account to even access the SAM files. (I've never tried this, so it's up to you to find out.)





http://www.loginrecovery.com/





If you're talking about the "default administrator password" that's installed on the computer, it's usually a blank password of zero characters (aka ""). The default administrator password is set when WinXP is first installed (not activated, i meant installed). It cannot be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment